Innovative Teaching Grants
Innovative Teaching Grants are designed to encourage, facilitate, recognize, and reward innovative and creative instructional approaches to strengthen student learning and improve academic performance.
Aldine Education Foundation offers Aldine ISD teachers and administrators the opportunity to apply for grants to support unique programs or projects that encourage higher levels of student learning. Funded projects must enhance student performance and support the mission, goals, and objectives of the campus and the school district.
Grant awards are intended to be used as seed money to fund new programs and projects rather than continuing previously funded projects. Grant requests should not be for programs or materials that are typically funded through traditional school budgets.
The 2019 application period for Spring 2020 projects is now open with a deadline of Friday, September 27, 2019. Please note: Aldine ISD has two earlier deadlines that must be met for every grant application. Be sure to review the Guidelines document below for further details as well as Aldine ISD’s requirements on their Federal, State, and Special Programs webpage.
Learn more about previous AEF grant awards here; but as your proposal should be innovative, these are ideas to avoid.
- 2019 Guidelines for AEF Innovative Teaching Grant applications (read this BEFORE beginning your application)
- 2019_Innovative_Teaching_Grant_Application (you can review all questions to better prepare your proposal)
- 2019 ITG Budget File (you will need to download this file, complete it with your budget request, save it, and upload it to the application system)
- Scoring Criteria Innov Teaching Grant (this will help you understand how your grant will be reviewed and scored)
All applicants are required to attend a grants workshop. Please register through ePortal or contact FSSP for more details. Workshop dates are:
- June 13, 2019, 9:00 am – 11:00 am
- July 16, 2019, 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
- August 22, 2019, 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- August 28, 2019, 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
To begin your application, click HERE.
If you need assistance or more information, please contact Aldine Education Foundation at 281-985-6078.
Innovative Campus and District Grants
THE AEF GRANT APPLICATION PERIOD IS CLOSED, but stay tuned for our next opportunity…
Aldine Education Foundation has two new grant programs to encourage and facilitate unique and creative instructional approaches to accomplish Aldine ISD goals or goals identified on Campus Improvement Plans. All proposals should be designed to meet academic and instructional needs of students and demonstrate the potential for improved student outcomes.
To learn more about the aims of the two grant programs and who is eligible to apply, please review the following documents fully.
- Grant Program Guidelines: Guidelines for AEF Campus + District grants
- Application Packet: 2019-2020_Campus + District Grant_Application
- Reviewers’ Criteria: Scoring Criteria Innov Campus or District Grant
The AEF application deadline was Monday, April 22, 2019. Check back here for future application opportunities.
All applications must be submitted through our online grant application system. Projects should be designed and implemented by a team, with one person acting as the lead applicant who registers in the system and enters all application information.