The mission of Aldine Education Foundation is to provide community-based support to the Aldine Independent School District in pursuit of excellence in teaching, innovation in the classroom, and superior learning opportunities for all students.
Who We Are
Aldine Education Foundation (AEF) was established in 2012 to assist Aldine ISD in reaching its goal to Produce the Nation’s Best. Aldine ISD is the 10th largest public school district in Texas and has existed for more than 80 years. Of its 70,000 students at 77 campuses, more than 85% of our students are economically disadvantaged.
Aldine Education Foundation is led by a volunteer Board of Directors working to raise private funds from individuals, corporations, foundations, and community organizations interested in improving education for the youth of the Aldine area. These monies provide needed resources to supplement ever-dwindling public funds received by Aldine ISD and deliver new programs not funded through traditional revenue streams.
What We Do
Aldine Education Foundation raises funds through events, an employee giving campaign, an annual appeal, and by working directly with interested community members. To strengthen student success in Aldine ISD classrooms and beyond, AEF delivers the following programs:
- Student Scholarships – Each year we award scholarships to graduating Aldine ISD seniors from AEF and Aldine Scholarship Fund maintained by the Lone Star College Foundation. Many Aldine scholarship recipients are the first in their families to attend college and may not otherwise be able to have this experience without scholarship support.
- Innovative Teaching Grants – Educators across Aldine ISD are creating ways to implement new teaching methods to improve the educational experiences of their students. In support of these efforts, AEF offers grants for eligible programs, providing supplemental funding to strengthen student learning.
- Teacher of the Year Awards – AEF and Aldine ISD annually recognize the hard work and exceptional performance of one teacher from each Aldine campus. A special ceremony and cash awards help celebrate their dedication to teaching and their students. Two teachers – one elementary and one secondary – are selected as Teachers of the Year, receiving additional recognition and prizes.
- Foundation Scholars – AEF also celebrates the academic excellence of high school students across Aldine ISD. Students receiving grades of 95 or higher in all course final grades receive a certificate to document this astounding achievement and will have scholarship funds banked in their name.
- Educational Excellence Grants – We assist Aldine ISD in procuring major grant funding to improve the educational process across the District. This is typically accomplished by AEF serving as a fiscal agent on behalf of Aldine ISD with private funders such as corporations or foundations for specified projects or programs.
How You Can Help
There are many opportunities to support Aldine ISD students and teachers through Aldine Education Foundation. Visit our Support page to learn more or call AEF at 281-985-6078. We appreciate your interest in our improving education in our community and would be happy to discuss ways for you to contribute to our students’ success.