Who We Are
Aldine Education Foundation (AEF) was established in 2012 to assist Aldine ISD in reaching its goal to Produce the Nation’s Best. Aldine ISD is the 10th largest public school district in Texas and has existed for more than 80 years. More than 85% of its nearly 67,000 students at 82 campuses are economically disadvantaged. And state and local funding never add up to enough to support this vulnerable population.
Aldine Education Foundation is led by a volunteer Board of Directors working to raise private funds from individuals, corporations, foundations, and community organizations interested in improving education for the youth of the Aldine area. These monies provide needed resources to supplement ever-dwindling public funds received by Aldine ISD and deliver new programs not funded through traditional revenue streams.
What We Do
Aldine Education Foundation raises funds through events, an employee giving campaign, an annual appeal, and by working directly with interested community members. To strengthen student success in Aldine ISD classrooms and beyond, AEF delivers the following programs:
- Student Scholarships – Each year we award scholarships to graduating Aldine ISD seniors from AEF and Lone Star College Scholarships for Aldine ISD. Many Aldine scholarship recipients are the first in their families to attend college and may not otherwise be able to have this experience without scholarship support.
- Innovative Grants – Educators across Aldine ISD are creating ways to implement new teaching methods to improve the educational experiences of their students. In support of these efforts, AEF offers three grants (Teachers/Campus/District) for eligible programs, providing supplemental funding to strengthen student learning.
- Educator of the Year Awards – AEF and Aldine ISD annually recognize the hard work and exceptional performance of one teacher from each Aldine campus as well as a Principal from the Elementary and Secondary levels. The District’s special ceremony and cash awards from AEF help celebrate their dedication to advancing education and their students.
- Foundation Scholars – AEF also celebrates the academic excellence of high school students across Aldine ISD. Students receiving grades of 95 or higher in all courses are recognized with a certificate to document this astounding achievement and scholarship funds are banked in their name, ready upon graduation.
- Educational Excellence Grants – We assist Aldine ISD in procuring major grant funding to improve the educational process across the District. This is typically accomplished by AEF serving as a fiscal agent on behalf of Aldine ISD with private funders (such as corporations or foundations) for specified projects or programs.